CadnaR Software for the Assessment and Calculation of Interior Noise
CadnaR is a powerful software for calculation of noise in industrial halls as well as for planning of noise abatement measures in rooms with workplaces. CadnaR is used by professionals who deal with noise mitigation at work places or evaluate optimization of rooms under consideration of psychoacoustic parameters & CadnaR was especially designed for the particular requirements of the following groups:
- Authorities with responsibility for Emission protection
- Architects (construction)
- Architects (interior designers)
- Research Facilities.
- Manufacturers of building acoustics products
- Professionals who deal with office design
- Designer of electro-acoustic devices
With its various features and software configurations, CadnaR covers the widest range of indoor acoustic applications. Some of these applications include:
- Determine noise impact at work spaces based on sophisticated calculation methods.
- Use CadnaR to ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed within industrial facilities.
- Calculate noise distribution in lecture- and conference rooms.
- Optimize the acoustic design of recreation rooms or restaurants.
- Calculate the acoustical effect of walls or acoustical panels with locally varying absorption.
- Determine parameters describing the quality of room acoustics and other psychoacoustic parameters related to music and / or speech performances.
- Plan different audio setups in multi & purpose halls according to uses (concerts, conferences, etc.) in just one file with different variants.
In order to provide a suitable and price efficient solution for each area of application, the various functions of CadnaR are subdivided to one Basic Module and different options. The performance of each Option will be enhanced continuously by DataKustik.
CadnaR Basic Module
- Image source or particle method calculation (not in combination)
- Point source type
- Barrier and box type obstacle
- Calculation at single receivers.
- Directivity import/export and setup
Option: Calculation and Handling
- Additional calculation methods: Image source and Particle method combined, VDI 3760, Diffuse Field (Statistical)
- Additional Sources: Line, Area source, Vertical area source, Box type source.
- Additional handling features: Duplication and Transformation of single objects.
- Additional Calculation results: Grid (2D), Voxel Grid (3D).
- Grid calculations
- Bitmap import
- 3D Iso-Faces, 3D Iso-Lines, 3D Iso-Lines (height=level).
- Enhanced analysis of results: 3D ray display, Particle Ping-Pong.
- Plot-Designer for the professional presentation of result
Option: Project Organization
- Creation of groups and variants
- ObjectTree organization of projects
- Simultaneous modification of objects
- Protocol of calculations enabled
- Partial level calculation
- Library Manager
- Room Impulse Response calculation at receivers and grids
- Room Acoustic Diagram
- Room Impulse Response parameters: Early Decay Time (EDT), T10, T20, T30 reverberation times
- Spatially averaged reververation times for receiver for receiver chain and receivers
- Definition / Clarity (D50)
- Clarity Index, for speech (C50)
- Clarity Index, for music (C80)
- Center Time (TS)
- Articulation Loss (Alcons%)
- Speech Transmission Index – male (according to IEC 60268-16:2011) (STI_male)
- Speech Transmission Index – female (according to IEC 60268-16:2011) (STI_female)
- Speech Transmission Index for Public Address Systems (STIPA_IR)
- Common Intelligibility Scale (CIS)
- Requirements for Reverberation Times (VDI 2569, DIN 18041)
- Image source and particle calculation method
- Receiver chain calculation
- Grid calculation (2D)
- Modification of objects
- Report designer
- DWG Import
- Efficient tool for of open plan office analysis with Option T
- T20, T30 Reverberation Times
- Reverb time diagram (Receiver)
- Spatially averaged reverb times (Grid)
- Requirements for reverb times (VDI 2569, DIN 18041)
- Efficient tool for of open plan office analysis with Option Office
With the expert system Option SET sound power spectra can be automatically generated based on technical system parameters of a sound source (e.g. electric power in kW, volume flow in m3/h, rotations in 1/min etc.). Thus a unique system capable of modeling various kinds of sound sources is achieved.