Norsonic Nor850 Distributed Multi-Channel System and Software
The Nor850 Multi-Channel System offers a flexible, computer-based platform for noise analysis, building acoustics, sound power measurements and sound intensity mapping using Norsonic‘s line of sound level analyzers or multi-channel systems.
- Product noise testing
- Quality control and Quality assurance
- Sound power measurements according to ISO 3740-series standards
- Sound power measurements according to ISO 6395
- Sound intensity mapping according to ISO 9614
- Building acoustics measurements according ISO, BS, EN and ASTM standards
- Water supply installation noise testing according to ISO 3822
- Performance evaluation of building construction assemblies
- Research and development
- Large selection of building acoustics measurement standards
- Detailed measurement reporting
- Sensor database
- LAN connection offers long range configuration
- Flexible design for laboratory or field environment
- Intuitive and customizable software interface
- Large selection of sound power measurement standards
- Reference spectrum with QA/QC test
- Audio Recording
- Scheduler control of microphone booms and TTL-output lines
General Analyzer Module
The general analyzer module allows for level versus time multi-channel sound pressure level measurements or level versus frequency analysis in 1/1 or 1/3 octave bands. This module can be used for product quality control and assurance using a reference curve where the low and high level criteria can be defined in each 1/1 or 1/3 octave band. Additional capability supports assignment of markers, statistic calculation and audio recording.
Building Acoustics Module
The building acoustics module is delivered with preset measurement setups for both national and international building acoustic standards such as the ASTM E90/E336 as well as the ISO-10140/16283 series. Simply select one of these and the entire system is ready to start the measurement procedure. This module can be used in laboratory environments for measurement of sound absorption or performance evaluation of building construction assemblies. STC and IIC ratings can be measured to meet Uniform Building Code (ICBO), International Building Code, Boca (Building Officials Code Administrators) code. Analysis and reports can be generated through direct measurements or by importing measurements into the module. The software allows users to import measurements made by other instruments as well.
- ASTM E336 – Measurement of Airborne Sound Attenuation between Rooms in Buildings
- ASTM E1007 – Test Method for Field Measurement of Tapping Machine Impact Sound Transmission through Floor-Ceiling Assemblies and Associated Support Structures
- ASTM E90 – Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements
- ASTM E492 – Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Impact Sound Transmission Through Floor-Ceiling Assemblies Using the Tapping Method
- ASTM E413 – Classification for Rating Sound Insulation
- ASTM E989 – Standard Classification for Determination of Impact Insulation Class
- ASTM C423 – Sound Absorption and Sound Absorption Coefficients by the Reverberation Room Method
- ISO / BS 16283 – Field measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements
- ISO / BS 10140 – Laboratory measurement of sound insulation of building elements
- ISO / BS 10848 – Laboratory measurement of the flanking transmission of airborne and impact sound between adjoining rooms
- ISO 354 – Acoustics: Measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room
- ISO / BS 717 – Rating of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements
- BS 11654 – Acoustics – Sound absorbers for use in buildings – Rating of sound absorption
- EN 1793 – Road traffic noise reducing devices. Test method for determining the acoustic performance.
Sound Power Module
The sound power module offers an intuitive and direct solution for complete measurement and reporting of sound power in conformance with ISO standards. Analysis and reports can be generated through direct measurements or by importing measurements into the module. The software allows users to import measurements made by other instruments as well.
- ISO 3741 – Determination of sound power levels of noise sources using sound pressure – Precision methods for reverberation rooms
- ISO 3743 – Determination of sound power levels of noise sources – Engineering methods for small, movable sources in reverberant fields
- ISO 3744 – Determination of sound power levels of noise sources using sound pressure – Engineering method in an essentially free field over a reflecting plane
- ISO 3745 – Determination of sound power levels and sound energy levels of noise sources using sound pressure — Precision methods for anechoic rooms and hemi-anechoic rooms
- ISO 3746 – Determination of sound power levels of noise sources using sound pressure – Survey method using an enveloping measurement surface over a reflecting plane
- ISO 3747 – Determination of sound power levels of noise sources using sound pressure – Comparison method in situ
- ISO 6395 – Earth-moving machinery — Determination of sound power level – Dynamic test conditions
Sound Intensity Module
The Sound intensity module offers advanced reporting functionality of intensity measurements made with the Nor150 analyzer.
Appliance Noise Module
This module offers a direct method for measuring the noise emission from water flow through valves and appliances based on flow, pressure and temperature of the water in water supply installations. The measurement procedure conforms to the ISO 3822 standard for Laboratory tests on noise emission from appliances and equipment used in water supply installations.